Old March 10th 05, 03:58 PM
Malcolm Austin

Hi Roger,
I read with interest the other replies but have one other
point to make. The mobile phone frequency works only with "line of sight"
it is heavily attenuated by travelling across a ground with trees, buildings
etc. When in the air your maximum range is greatly enhanced so you could be
into a number of cells at the same time and strength. This would not help
the phone guys (but with the cost of their service who cares!!)

Regards, Malcolm... (UK radio ham as well as a poor K6 owner)

"Roger Worden" wrote in message
m...
I've seen a couple of references to someone not wanting us to use cell
phones while gliding. I haven't seen the reason... what's the rationale?