Old August 22nd 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
oscarm

Default Cost Savings for PPL

Hi Ben, thatnsk for your respond.
I just flown my first hour last week. And still more to come. If I
follow the schedule on their program, it will take 25 meeting until it
gets to pre solo one and pre solo two.
I'll have another lesson this comming weekend and see if he use all of
the 2 hours time just to introdue Steep turn.
my target is maximum 13-15 hours dual and the rest are solo. Is this
sounds reasonable?

On 2006-08-21, oscarm wrote:
target that in 45 hours I will get my PPL,

In this school I have to spent at least 30 hour dual flight until they
release me a solo,

From what I've seen, the amount of time to solo varies quite a bit, but
most people finish about 30 hours after they solo. If you've flown 30
hours already, I doubt that you can finish in 45 hours total. Also,
if you were able to land on your first lesson, with the right instructor
you should have been able to solo sooner.

The good news is, no one is shooting for the lowest total time except
primary students. If you had no money to fly after getting your license,
you don't really lose much by flying a few more of the hours with an
instructor. In fact, if you do plan to stop flying after you get your
PPL, you should work on getting signed off for your solo cross countries
and fly those before you quit. I rank those right up with first solo and
getting my PPL.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/