Old April 14th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default DuPage from the east

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:38:09 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

I'm flight planning a flight to DuPage (KDPA) from Rochester (KROC).
Aeroplanner's automatic route has me going in V6 to NILES and then direct,
but I was thinking that maybe coming in V8 to JOT and then direct would
keep me more out of Chicago's hair. (Or "O'hair" as the case might be.)

Or should I forget second guessing and realize it doesn't matter what I
file, I'm going to be vectored to hell and back anyway?

I don't have my chart handy, so I am not sure the difference between
V6 and V8. However, there is only about a 1% chance that you will get
to cut through the Class B, so just plan on vectors around the
perimeter.

I typically file to CGTv then JOTv then DPAv.

You will probably get sent to 4000 or lower before you cross into
Illinois. This is especially the case if MDW arrivals are using the
ILS 31C.

If you want to save a few bucks, there is a credit-card based
self-fuel farm on the North ramp at DPA. Request to land on 33 for
the shortest trip there. The transient ramp is on the West side of
the field, just under the control tower, so you will have to restart
to taxi over there for parking.

Regards,
Nathan