Old September 2nd 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
john smith

Default More info about LEX

In article ,
"Peter R." wrote:

JohnWayne wrote:

For those FAA lovers who say the FAA is not at fault

It's merely one newspaper's editorial, not a final edict.

I find it interesting that the editorial totally misses the bureau-think
mentality issue.

"We have to have two controllers doing the work on this shift. There
isn't alot going on in Lexington, so let's leave one guy there. We have
extra guys sitting around doing nothing in Indiannapolis. We'll have one
of them do the other stuff for Lexington. Nothing in the rules say they
have to physically be in the same facility, heh, heh!"

The point they missed is that if they have people in Indiannpolis (a
busier facility, higer pay) not doing anything, isn't cheaper to have a
second guy in Lexington (smaller facility, lower pay) doing the same job
and taking some of Indiannoplis' work?

I bet politics has something to do with it.