Old May 2nd 16, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default AOA indicator

On 5/1/2016 8:09 PM, kirk.stant wrote:
you need to decrease your AOA before you can fly, regardless of airspeed!

Some folks just don't get the above simple statement and will argue the
point to the death (hopefully figuratively). Frankly, I'd love to
replace my ASI with a good AoA, but I don't see anything available that
would fit the bill, not to mention the sometimes not so thoughtful FAA
that would bust you for not having an ASI. And yes, Virginia, you
/_can_/ fly in a 90 deg bank without stalling (for a little while, at
least). Note that I didn't say, "level", a word often left out in these
discussions.
--
Dan, 5J