Old July 13th 03, 09:58 PM
Jim Pennino

In rec.aviation.owning Justin Case wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:39:15 +0000 (UTC), Jim Pennino
wrote:

My, my, touchy to being contradicted, aren't we?

No, but I find that I should have used these exact words when replying
to you the first time. Your statements regarding the construction of
the shuttle was not relevant to the conversation about the durability
of carbon fiber, as is the smart assed remark about a 15K mph SR-22.
And although plastic can be repaired, we still have no way of knowing
the effects of long term UV.

Now go and beat your wife if she hasn't left you yet.

Your original statement that started this sub-thread regarding the shuttle,
"After all, you see what happened to the wing of the Discovery when they
shot the foam at it?" has no relevance to the SR-22 since the materials
used are entirely different and one is only a heat shield (the shuttle)
and other structural (the SR-22).

I don't know who "we" is that doesn't know the long term effects of UV
on composition structures, but they are known in the industry and in the
military. The C-130 for example has had composite skin pieces for about
40 years now.

Further, the whole composits versus aluminium debate was beat to death
right here a couple of months ago.

You might try taking an anger management class to find out why you feel
personal attacks are necessary when someone disagrees with you.

--
Jim Pennino