Old August 16th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default There I was, flat on my back...

"Kyle Boatright" wrote

When I was building the plane, I got stuck in the footwell one night. I
had been in there for quite a while pulling wires or something, and got a
muscle cramp which more or less locked me into place. I spent enough time
in that unfortunate position to give some thought to the headlines which
would result if I expired there. It wasn't like anyone was gonna come
looking for me for a few days, since I worked pretty hard to keep various
girlfriends at arms length so they didn't interfere with the airplane
project.

My dad had a friend who fell head first, in behind a chest freezer, and
could not get him self out. His wife came and found him after he had been
in that position for a bit over two hours.

When he told his friends what had happened, they said, "that must have been
awful!"

The guy who had been stuck was kinda' weird. His answer was, "It wasn't so
bad. The radio was on."

Your tale reminded me of that one. I do feel your pain, though. I got
stuck in a crawl space, one time, and for a while I thought I was stuck, and
nobody knew where I was. After the panic passed, I dug myself out.

All that for a 12 volt outlet. And they wonder why people who build
airplanes are called weird! g
--
Jim in NC