Old May 13th 05, 08:30 PM
Jens Krueger

Peter Duniho wrote:

makeashorterlink.com specifically says in their
FAQ that, as long as they are around, their links will work.

...that could be significantly shorter than "forever". ;-)

It could well match the lifetime of the Internet, for all we know.

Yes, "could". Not "will". ;-)

So, enlighten me: Which one is going to be still around in 2035:
makeashorterlink.com, tinyurl.com, shorl.com, notlong.com, babyurl.com,
biglnk.com, bittyurl.com, briefurl.com etc. etc. If you predict correct,
I'll buy you a beer. In thirty years. :-)

I just don't see what you have against the services. Your original
complaint was that the redirects go out of date, but they don't.

No, like you just said above, they could; most probably 80% of them will
be defunct in a couple of years. Here's an article further detailing the
problems with redirects:
http://www.businessknowhow.com/internet/miniurl.htm

Cheers,
Jens

Since this now higly OT, EOT for me. Feel free to email me at my first
name at jjk.cc

--
I don't accept any emails right now. Usenet replys only.