Old April 3rd 05, 02:45 PM
Nathan Young

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 18:50:44 -0800, Toņo
wrote:

Hi all,

I have a friend that is about to purchase a small FBO. Now we all know
that owning a small FBO is a labor of love at the very least. However,
he is wondering if it is really financial suicide given the trends of
today's laws, governmental regs, legislation, TSA, etc.

His (my) question is: Do any of you have any general or specific
thoughts that you might offer him before he signs on the dotted line?

It is probably more difficult than ever to make it as a small GA FBO.
Rising costs will continue to deter flying and flight training.
Increased government regulation could hamper GA significantly (just
look at the DC area for examples).

However, if the FBO is a bit larger, and caters to biz jet types,
business is probably up and to the right... I know the local area
charter ops are doing great business. A lot of execs won't tolerate
the airlines any longer.

-Nathan