Old May 8th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_19_]

Default PIREP Wanted, Lowrance Airmap gps's

If it's in the database, it will show it, if the private airstrip is
"registered" (at least in Canada)

The Owner of the airstrip has to make it's presence known to the right
prople to get it in the database.

Locally here, al the "registered" private strips (with an identifer)
are on the 2000C.

Dave

On Tue, 06 May 2008 21:41:18 -0500, Charlie
wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
We are on year 3 + with our 2000C, had a 1000 before that..

100% works as advertised. Great manual, bright screen (batt life is
limited, batts good for standby only), upgrades are easy... The
included RAM mounting system is excellent and the operation is easy
and intuitive.

Agree completely. We have the 2000c on the pilots' yoke, and the Garmin
496 panel-docked on the co-pilot's side. The Lowrance is a vastly
superior GPS to the Garmin, at 1/5th the price.

It's got a larger screen, better background colors that make airports
(and other features) stand out, a very intuitive menu system, and
larger, easier-to-use buttons. We use the Lowrance as our primary
navigational source, and use the Garmin for weather and entertainment.
(We've got XM radio plumbed into the intercom -- a real Godsend on long
flights.)

The Lowrance 2000c is a great unit, at a great price. Only downside?
No weather.

Does it have all the private airports that appear on sectionals? Nice to
have for emergency use.

Charlie