Old July 15th 19, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default George Moffat

Very well said John. I was looking at all the names on the old perpetual 1-26 championship trophies that I was privelaged to compete for and win this year. Some names engraved on there are very well known within the soaring community. Others I have never heard of. 50 years from now, some young fellow will see my name on them and wonder who the heck that guy was?

And when I core my last thermal and finish my final glide and the relatives are cleaning out my crap, going thru all my stuff, they will see the state and regional record certificates and not knowing all the sweat and work, challenge and dissapointment, adventure and excitment that went into earning them, throw the mess into the discard pile.
Dan