Old July 15th 19, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default George Moffat

At 14:52 15 July 2019, wrote:
Mike, yes I fully know George stepped away from the soaring

scene and
didno=
t much care for the way the racing side was evolving, I think he

also
carro=
ed a good bit of heartburn over not being allowed to defend his

world
champ=
ionship back when he was denied his place on the team in what

even from
the=
outside looked to be a political decision.=20

I am not at all interested in putting his contact info out for public

use.
=
In fact, if I wanted to get ahold of his phone number or address it

would
b=
e easy. I just was interested if anyone had any regular contact with

him,
h=
ad seen him and could tell me if hes in ok health or if hes a

vegitable in
=
an old folks home. He has to be very close to 90 now.

Personally, I don't know. The last time I saw him was at the Mifflin
STD Nats in 2001. That may have been one of the last contests
which he participated in. I could ask people who I'm sure would
know, but I don't want to pry. A long time ago, I heard he was
living on Buzzard's Bay and sailing every chance he could. I learned
a lot from him, and he would always ask how my father was doing
when we talked. If he wants his privacy, I will respect that.

RO