Old July 11th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default I would not have thought this was possible

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

Even the one-wing landing video requires fairly close inspection to show
that it's a fake. It's quite well done IMHO.

It's easy to be taken in by it, I agree, but I think that once you come
to the proper realizations it's not too hard to see that it must be
fake. To me, the most damning mistake in the video is the fact that the
plane sits perfectly level after the landing. Wings are *heavy*. Having
only one would make that plane tip right over onto its wingtip. Once I
realized what I was looking at, this to me was ironclad proof that they
were filming a plane with two intact wings, with the angle cleverly
chosen to hide one, and the rest done by some special effects trickery.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth