Old March 30th 15, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathon May[_2_]

Default German-Wings Copilot

At 09:59 30 March 2015, Don Johnstone wrote:
At 22:27 29 March 2015, wrote:
Please don't equate religion with depression. Religion is about faith
before action and focused on better life despite pain and suffering

Faith
is about moving forward despite pain. I'm an optimist because of faith

Religion and depression have many similarities. Both have elements o
altered response to reality, both can lead to actions which have no basi
in logic, both can lead to harm being caused to others.
The big difference is that nobody wants depression, it is forced on them
People with depression do not want it and most would do anything to get

ri
of it. Religion on the other hand is a choice, which makes it a far wors
disease and is far more dangerous to man.
Who in their right mind would believe in a God who allowed this tragedy t
happen, what kind of capricious, mean minded, stupid God would see

anythin
good in this. Religion encourages fanatics and the world would be bette
off without them and Him.

I find myself agreeing with Don !!

However, if you accept the concept that dogs think of there owners as gods

,what do fighting dogs (pit bulls etc) think of there owners ?

The whole Germanwings thing is a tradgedy and not to be taken lightly ,I am

not sure if we can legislate to prevent a repeat but looking out for your
friends and colleagues and don't be shy of saying something if you think
there is a problem is probably the best way.

On the UK uras site there is a posting from a guy who was grounded because

of bi-polar 10 years ago ,at the time he was quite bitter and made some
postings reflecting that.He now sees how dangerous he was and has posted
thanking those that stopped him.
The benefit of hind site is only available if your still there to look
back