Old August 14th 19, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tire pressure monitor

I once took off OK but the glider's main tire was totally flat when I landed. Surprise! Rollout was very short. Must have hit some sharp object in the air?

I've had problems with the tire leaking over months, 3 tubes & valves later it seems solved. Whew! With fixed gear and a wheel fairing covering the rim, checking the pressure is a chore. Of course I can look at the tire once the full glider weight is on it, even bounce the wingtips up and down, although with the stiff tire I used to have that was not sufficient to detect partial loss of tire pressure.