Old August 14th 19, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Tire pressure monitor

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 8:30:05 AM UTC-7, Phil King wrote:
At 14:19 14 August 2019, Dan Marotta wrote:
I believe you are over complicating this.Â* My advice:Â* Just look at the

tires.Â* You can tell if they're too low to fly.Â* That's worked for me
for almost 50 years.

Not so easy to check by looking at the tire on the nose wheel of a two
seat glider such as a Grob Twin II or Duo. And main wheel tires often
look OK until you load them up with pilot and water ballast.

Agree with Dan, just look at them!
In my experience, the nose wheel on a Duo never touches the ground unless you have the CG wrong. Two pilots and chutes with no tail ballast will often do it.
Perhaps 99% of flats are on rigger, tail wheel, tail dolly and wing wheel.... all thin walled. Tost 400x4 and similar mains are pretty thin walled too.
Try Mr. Tuffy or similar material (an old cut up inner tube is better than nothing) on the other wheels.
Look for a high quality main wheel tire and tube. 500x5 seems the easiest to find these for. The beefiest example I've used:
Goodyear Flight Custom 3 with Michelin Airstop tube. Aircraft Spruce has them.
But check if the FC3 fits with the gear retracted!
Jim