Old August 14th 19, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Tire pressure monitor

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 1:45:05 AM UTC-7, Phil King wrote:

This is a time consuming process - find pressure gauge...

Any sort of thing you add to the valve stem increases complexity and potential failure points and reduces reliability. In some situations that approach pays off. I think this is not one of them.

My advice: Fill the tire with an air chuck that has a gauge at the beginning of the season, while the glider is standing on it. When you do that, look at how much it bulges at the bottom. As long as the tire looks about like it did when you filled it, it probably is about right.

--Bob K.