Old July 4th 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default C302 with LK8000

On Jul 3, 5:15*pm, Andy wrote:
On Jul 3, 10:17*am, Brad wrote:

Does the LK8000 software work with the Cambridge 302? Interested to
know if the LK8000 running on an iPAC 310 can get accurate wind data
from the 302.

thanks,
Brad

302 defaults to 4800baud on every power up. *HP 310 cannot operate at
4800baud. *To make 302 communicate with 310 you will have to set it to
a higher baud rate every time you power it or use an intermediate mux.

Making the 2 play together was a winter project I abandoned as I was
expecting to have PowerFLARM by now.

Andy

Anybody wanting to use a iPAQ 310, C302 and FLARM or similar setup
should really look at the K6MUX (http://www.k6-team.de/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=9). It can do baud rate
translation to solve the iPAQ 310 lack of 4800 baud issue, and much
more including merging in TAS data from the C302 and the traffic data
from the FLARM for consumption by the PDA/PNA software.

Darryl