Old September 15th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ben Jackson

Default C-182 pattern help

On 2006-09-14, kontiki wrote:
Ben Jackson wrote:
That sounds a little high. I fly a Comanche which also has an IO-540,
and I use 15" in the pattern and 12" abeam the numbers. I touch down
with the power off. The last bit of throttle is pretty dramatic.

I noticed a big change in the difference in the last inch or so of MP
when I went from a 2 blade to a 3 blade prop in my PA24-250. What prop
do you have?

I have the 2 blade "compact" prop. I'm not sure what "compact" means,
other than it's not subject to the AD that has caused many Comanche
owners to go to 3 blade props!

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/