Old September 5th 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default XCSoar With LNAV?

Jean,

I'm at home and my glider is at the airport 25 miles away, but I have
started the XCSoar simulator and, if I recall correctly, I configured
two devices something like the following:

Confg Devices A:Â* Cambridge CAI302 on COM1.Â* I think the baud rate
is 4800, but you can experiment with that.
Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â* Â*Â* B:Â* COM2, Baud 19200, Driver FLARM.

Backing out to the Devices page, you can select Monitor to view message
traffic.

It really was not difficult using the K6 devices.Â* There is also a
hardware solution called IOIO that allows direct plug connection, but I
don't know if you can connect both a vario and a FLARM.

Good Luck!

Dan

On 9/5/2017 10:16 AM, Jean dup wrote:
Thanks a lot Dan,
It seems that going the BT route would be the easiest. Not having played around with multiple BT devices connected at the same time before, I was a bit wary of the possibility of it.
Does it matter that the Tab will act as a master and the other devices as slaves or will the communication work both ways?
Sorry for asking the question and not just testing it.. I am currently in the UK and my glider in South Africa- so I'd like to hit the ground running with the set up as soon as I get back!
I'll have a look for possible serial to Bluetooth modules!

Thanks!
Jean

--
Dan, 5J