Old May 19th 05, 11:06 PM
gregg

I need some opinions on this possible scenario

Here is my situation....

I have a full time day job making good money, which I am not wanting to
leaving. I am a private pilot with 143.8 total hours (94.1 PIC) and I
am wanting to teach the PPSEL rating as a CFI for additional income.

My thinking is I would not have enough time or funds to maintain IFR
currency and have no desire to teach the IFR rating. I also have no
desire of making flying my sole employement or income resources (wife,
baby, mortgage, etc.)

So based on that I am thinking about skipping the IR rating and going
straight to the commerical and then CFI.

I know this probably isn't that common, but is there anything wrong
with my thinking or going this route? Would I be looked upon
differently if I decided to go this route?

All opinions welcome

Thanks

Just a side thought..something to consider but no need to answer he

how secure are you in the future of the income you are making/

If a person could not be reasonably certain that they will be making enough
money in the future to pay for the expensive training, then that might be a
consideration. One might decide to get the rating now while they have the
$$.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm