Old October 10th 05, 10:26 PM
Jim Burns

It sounds like you are already familiar with the SODA. My recommendation
would be to visit your local tower with a CFI and ask the controller to
flash the light gun at you, both red and green. Tell them to do it slowly.
Become familiar with what it looks like prior to doing the SODA test. Then
have your CFI call the FSDO to make the appointment. My main CFI is color
blind. The first time he tried the SODA the tower flashed very quickly, it
was actually the FSDO inspector that told them to slow down and then he had
no trouble with it.
Jim

"Kathy" wrote in message
What do you advise for a color-blind pilot wannabe? How likely is it for
someone who's color-blind to get a SODA?

Kathy