Old October 11th 05, 12:48 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Sylvain wrote:
Kathy wrote:
What do you advise for a color-blind pilot wannabe? How likely is it for
someone who's color-blind to get a SODA?

if you succeed one of these tests, then you get a letter from
the FAA saying that you have passed one of the acceptable alternative
test, and you present this letter to the AME everytime you renew
your medical (it is valid for all classes of medical unlike a SODA
which can be limited to a given class);

in summary: talk to AOPA and don't worry too much. Oh, and
a good read on the subject:

http://www.aopa.com.au/infocentre/to...lourvision.pdf

Just as a point of interest: I'm pushing 3000 hours now and I've never even
seen a light signal. Have any of you?

Heh heh... maybe I'm color blind after all G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE