Old November 22nd 16, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ClearNav CNv public beta available

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:17:01 PM UTC-5, Sean wrote:
How long do these versions typically remain beta? Would love to use this in Oz if stable.

Usually it stays Beta until tested by a group of us that act as test dummies.
Some revisions do have problems that need feedback and fixing. This commonly gets done pretty quickly when issues are fed back.
I'd suggest looking at the feature improvements and deciding if you think they will be useful.
Note- you can always go back to the earlier version you have if there is a real problem. Keep the earlier version on a spare update stick.
Obviously test before race day. We do this at Perry almost every year.
Good luck
UH