Old August 14th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Let's move on

Marco Leon wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news
Can't speak for others, but my experience on that group is that it is NOT
exclusive in any way at all. In fact, my impression is that they go way
out of their way to make ALL pilots feel welcome there.
Of course there will always be those from Usenet who believe that simply
because the hosts of this forum are from the U.S. that this means it's an
"exclusive" group :-))

I've been to POA a few times but what I personally dislike is the setup of
the forums. With over ten different "rooms" that overlap in subject matter
it's hard to get a good picture of what's going on without going into each
one. When I do reply and/or post, I forget which room I did it in. Granted,
I can find threads through searches but it gets real old real quick.

I still find myself going to rec.aviation first. Then again, I've got Mx and
others on my ignore list so I never see their threads and most related
content.

Marco

The venue is different, that's for sure. Some who are used to Usenet
will never like a web forum. I have trouble myself sometimes figuring
out who is answering whom :-))
The bottom line for me is that ALL forms of public aviation posting have
lost their lustre for me, and I don't post anywhere near as often as I
used to.
To be quite frank, I'm just tired of dealing with it. I still drop a few
lines here and there but I've given up long ago caring who agrees or
disagrees with me on anything.
They say this comes to all who stay on forums for any length of time.
There's some truth to it for sure :-))

--
Dudley Henriques