Old July 12th 17, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default PowerFlarm “Own Transponder Detection" Rate

I disabled mine for the Nephi OLC event, but would also like to have it actually work right. My old MRX PCAS was very reliable in this situation.

What I see is bursts of self alerts then a few hours of silence, followed by another spurt of warnings. Easy enough to identify due to the very short range and altitude less than 50'.

Maybe what we need is an option to filter out any PCAS target less than 1/2 km since by then a warning is not likely to help?

5Z