Old February 28th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

Default annual interruptus

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:55:03 -0600, "Dan Luke"
wrote:

"Jay Masino" wrote:

Anyway, the point is that no 55 year-old person should be
contemplating "retirement" in 2007.

That's weird, I'm only 44 and not a day goes by where I don't
contemplate retirement. I'm pretty sure I won't work past 59 1/2 (401K
withdraw age)

That's what I said when I was 44.

As things turned out, I could have retired comfortably at 55. Now, I've just
turned 60 and am planning to cash out in two years...but that's what I said
two years ago.

Retirement can be scary when you actually face it.

It wasn't at all for me. One day I made up my mind it was time to
retire, walked into my bosses office, and gave notice.

Now to put that in perspective, I had a job I enjoyed, a good boss,
good working conditions, good people to work for and good people
working for me. IOW the job was fun and I made good money.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com