Old June 11th 19, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Nearest Location

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:46:09 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I am 13 years old and I want to learn to fly a glider. The one problem is that the nearest gliding school near me is 1 hr and 40 minutes away and this is way too far. I was wondering if there was a way around this. I have looked for different places but they are all too far.

FYI I live in eastern TN and the closest place is in Knoxville TN.

Thanks

If it makes you feel any better, I live in NW MT. The closest club where I could take lessons is a 3hr 45min drive, two states away in WA. The only operation in MT is a 4hr drive away. I know how you feel. Trying to schedule blocks of time to take lessons makes sense. But the weather can also play against you. I took a week off for lessons last year, and only got to fly 4 days out of 7. It's still worth it though.