Old November 9th 03, 09:53 PM
Ardna

There is nothing to lose sleep over anyway. We are no safer today than we
were 2 years ago. The government, using their colored alert system, like to
give the impression that there are doing something. Better to be seen doing
something other than to be seen doing nothing.

What is the point of releasing these warnings or alert changes publically ?
For example, imagine a terrorist is planning to do something nasty, then
suddenly every TV station in the country carrys the story of the alert
status being raised ( i.e. more cops etc watching bridges and power plants
etc ), that he is doing to do? Continue with his nasty plan or wait a week
of two under the alert status drops and try again?

I think the alert status should be just kept inside law enforcement, watch
the power plants etc and let the bad guy try and do his nasty business and
catch and/or kill him in the process, rather than just deter him from his
plan for one or two weeks.

Just my 2 cents.

"Casey" wrote in message
nk.net...
Taking the above into account the US still hasn't increased their
status or am I wrong - still on yellow alert.

That's because the alert derived from a single unverified source.
Nothing to lose sleep over.

Casey