Old November 14th 03, 07:16 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:50:29 GMT, "Gary L. Drescher"
wrote:

"Arnold Pieper" wrote in message
. com...
What MS FS can't do is give you the G-force in a 60 degree banked turn

(2G),
or the visibility we have in the cockpit, or any of the sensory clues we
have such as noise, mushiness on the controls in a pre-stall, and things
like that.

I agree with you regarding G-force and visibility. However, MS FS wind
sounds are quite useful in perceiving airspeed, as is the control feel (if
you use a force-feedback joystick).

I agree with everything except the joystick. I use a FF joystick and
it is not realistic in simulating the changes in force with changes in
speed, or the mush just prior to stall.

OTOH, I've found it to be quite realistic in most, but not all other
respects. As a training supplement I think it has some good
possibilities.

I base that on about 1300 hours with over a 1000 in high
performance/complex/retract singles.

I've put about a 1000 hours on this plane in the last 10 years.
www.rogerhalstead.com/833pics.htm

and I'm building a real hotrod if I ever get it finished.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

--Gary