Old June 12th 16, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gav Goudie[_2_]

Default ASG-29 Coke Bottle Whistle

RickH,

How much equipment do you stow behind your head?

On my LS4 if there was too much equipment (sweatshirt, jacket etc) on the
cargo shelf it caused a 'choke' and the fuselage exhaust at the base of the
fin
would start to howl.

Trial an error sorted it out, but also worth making sure the internal
rudder
seal (if fitted) is fully adhered to the fin and making contact with the
rudder.

GG

At 14:37 12 June 2016, RickH wrote:

I hope some of you ASG-29 drivers have either experienced or heard o
this issue I'm having with my 2012 ASG-29. The ship has about 200 hour
on it. At about 100-110 knots I have a very loud and annoying soun
that comes from the rear of the ship. It sounds just like someon
blowing over a coke bottle to create a tone. I can get rid of the soun
by applying a little rudder although the yaw string is running tru
while the sound is being generated. Rex Williams said he thought it wa
the tail dump opening. I've put duct tape over the tail dump valve an
still have this annoying tone accelerating through 100-110 knots. Joh
Murray thought that it was the gap seal tape on the rudder. I woul
have thought that would have produced more of a buzz sound but this i
probably my next step. Hopefully someone can enlighten me as to
possible cause

--
RickH