Old May 12th 20, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

Default National Parachute for sale

On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:07:31 AM UTC-5, Whatcolorisyourparachute? wrote:
$375 + shipping

That's the cheapest I've ever seen for any parachute. Lots of people willing to sacrifice their "never used" 25-35 yr old 'chute for over $500. I don't want to get into a bidding war, but I'll offer you $525 for it if you can get my rigger to pack it (I'll cover the repack cost too). I also have a near-40 yr old Security 150 that I'll let go for $1,100 and I'll include the repack before shipping. Reason for low price is I've used it many, many times (never deployed it though).

There is a sky diving outfit close to Houston that repacks our chutes. They also inspect them during repack. If you want it repacked first then I will get them to repack it and add that to the $375. They have repacked it the last three or four times it's been repacked. I get you their number if you want to talk to them. (This parachute has not had much use since the owner has not done much cross country.)