Old June 17th 05, 08:22 AM
309

Oh lord, I can see the statistics coming.

In 2010, the most frequently heard phrase on the CVR (Crew Vehicle
Recorder):

"What it it doing now???"

Those that know what FMS (or its predecessor "PMS") will understand
what automation is doing to common sense...first mocking it, then
obliterating it from the gene pool.

WinPilot 1.0 was only the beginning...

Cliff Hilty wrote:
All in all a good product with a great price! Still
need a atlas as sometimes it likes to take you on dirt
roads, sometimes when not nesscessary!

At 03:48 15 June 2005, Colin Lamb wrote:
I have a color unit and rarely use it. Black and white
is fine in a
handheld.

For search work, I tried a laptop and external GPS
unit and was
disappointed. The handheld works fine. I did not
like any of the mounts
and made my own - having the GPS unit locked down on
the dash makes it much
easier to use.

A GPS is wonderful.

Colin