Old October 4th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Good Place To Get Jeppesen Enroute Charts?

"Peter R." wrote in message
Sam Spade wrote:

Not a good idea! The electronic en route charts sometimes misplace MEAs
or miss them altogether. DME fixes can be missing. And so forth.
Jeppesen does not hold out the electronic en route charts to be reliable
at this time. That is why they issue paper en route charts with
JeppView subscriptions.

I was aware that, depending on the view, en route fixes occasionally did
not print, but I was not aware that there is a risk of en route fixes
being
misplaced on the chart, nor was I aware that Jeppesen actually discouraged
printing out these charts.

If this is so, why does the software have the "strip chart" concept, which
prints your route along strips of en route charts?

--
Peter

If you fly general aviation IFR enough you will find out that things don't
always work as planed and you have to deviate or reroute due to some
unforeseen circumstance like (Weather, Aircraft Performance, Technical Issue
Like Navaid Outage) you better have printed a lot of strip charts or have
the paper chart available for a reroute.

Remember this is Aviation and Murphy is always your co pilot and ****
happens so expect it to and prep the best you can for what ever can and will
happen!

I do like interfacing my portable GPS with Flitestar On a 15" Laptop Screen
makes a kick ass moving map but I still like having the Paper charts and
steam gauges to back up the advanced electronics. Dam I am sounding like I
should be in my 70's ot 80's hahahahaha!! I am a fan of technology in the
cabin but my mind has really been changed after my recent bout with a G1000
issue!