Old October 13th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary Drescher

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
m...
Gary Drescher wrote:
It's just hard to imagine that flying up the East River in the first
place could occur accidentally; you really can't mistake it for the
Hudson.

I agree, but the seminar presenter stated that it happens all the time. He
cited "distracted by the view, following the float planes" as the usual
reason. I have no idea where he gets his information, but he seemed to
be well respected by the FAA SafetyFest organizers, and he's been doing
the seminar for something like 20 years.

Dunno. Respected FAA presenters sometimes pass along misinformation. Or
perhaps I'm underestimating the ease of making a wrong turn there.
(Reportedly, though, they'd mentioned that they were about to fly up the
East River, so there seems to have been no navigation error in this case.)

--Gary