Old April 21st 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John Kunkel

Default Piper single axis autocontrol question.

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
My '74 archer developed an intermittent problem where the aileron would
have a 'soft stop' at one end of the control throw.
Anyone familiar with the mechanics of this arrangement? My best guess is
that the cable is actually sliding around the pulley slightly when I help
the autopilot in rough air and sometimes the pin is in a position to allow
a natural hard stop and at other times it stops the aileron short of full
throw.

The cables don't stop the aileron travel, there are adjustable hard stops
near the bellcrank in each wing.