Old August 4th 04, 10:45 AM
Badwater Bill

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:16:26 +0200, Philippe
wrote:

Hello,

about carbon fiber blades:
what is the blades resistance of sand abrasion, rain and gravel impacts?

Is carbon fiber leading edge acceptable?
Is metalic leading edge mandatory?

thanks

Go to the Aero composites propeller web site and read about it. My
new prop uses an alloy that's harder than stainless. The alloy is a
nickel alloy. It's covered by a layer or two of carbon fabric and
glued in. The prop is all white and from the outside you'd never know
the leading edge was all metal. Of course I don't have any time on it
yet because I haven't built the airplane, but I'm told they work great
with small rock impacts.

BWB