Old October 31st 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default 757 lands on EWR taxiway by mistake

Many years ago, a C130 was landing at Patterson, LA.
Patterson has a concrete strip and a water filled
canal/lane, very close together. The concrete runway has
white edge lighting with green and red bars, the water has
green edge lighting and white bars. KPTN

Want to guess which runway the C130 landed on?

ups.com...

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/A...rtner=homepage

| Must've been cleared for the visual to 11. I remember my
instructor and
| chief flight instructor both hammering home the point
about knowing the
| color of lights associated with the approach lighting
system, runway,
| and taxiway. The head of the flight school is a DE, and
during my
| instrument oral exam he quized me about pretty much every
aspect of the