Old November 7th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Lovinggood

Default Scattering Ashes

Some months (years?) ago, 'FLYING' magazine had an
article in their 'I Learned About Flying From That'
column dealing with the distribution of ashes from
an aircraft. I think they used a funnel with the ashes
in it. The funnel was then sealed at both ends, I
think. They put the funnel in the vent window and
used foam rubber around it for a more or less air tight
seal. Somehow, they must have pulled the cover off
of the small end of the funnel to release the ashes
and they managed to spread the ashes to the sky and
not to the inside of the plane.

Something like that, anyway.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA