Old February 10th 05, 01:17 AM
Peter Duniho

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
1...
[...] There should not be any charge for this service as it only takes
a few minutes to do, and whether you pass or fail does not reflect back
on us.

Of course it does. There may be no FAA penalty associated with a student's
failure, but when you sign off for the student to take the written, you are
making a claim that you know the student to be properly prepared to take the
written.

Maybe you view it differently, but when I say something, I do my best to
make sure I know what I say to be true.

Are you suggesting that if there were no penalty to you as an instructor for
signing off a student to take the practical exam, that you would have no
problem signing off a student for that exam even if you'd never talked to
the student before and never planned to see him again? That seems bizarre
to me.

Pete