Old May 20th 05, 10:29 PM
Skywise

Default Ultralight rotorcraft

I just learned about this littel ultralight rotor
craft: http://www.airscooter.com/

My question ia about the rules of where you can fly
such a thing. On the radio program I was listening to
the inventer and host talked about flying it around
town. However, on their website where they quote the
FAR 103 rules,

"Sec. 103.15 Operations over congested areas.

No person may operate an ultralight vehicle over
any congested area of a city, town, or settlement,
or over any open air assembly of persons."

So am I right in that this precludes me flying one of
these things from my home driveway to my work parking
lot in the suburbs of LA where I live?

Yet in the program they kept talking about bypassing
all the traffic on the roads.

Brian

Home of the Seismic FAQ
http://www.skywise711.com/SeismicFAQ/SeismicFAQ.html