Old March 3rd 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default A real life pilot's first sim experience

I also was an Air Force pilot and NASA astronaut instructor. In both of
these jobs I got lots of time in full blown simulators complete with

motion.
I found them to be boring compaired to real flight. ---snip---

You, sir, are truly a master of understatement!

My RL esperience was in entry level aircraft and I had no experience in PC
based sims, but did happen to get a few minutes in a million dollar plus
true-maotion sim. Even by that comparison, I can only think of sims as
teaching and demonstration tools--for which they are very useful.

Admittedly, a contest type demonstration, such as Jay apparently provides
could be part of an enjoyable evening. But that goes back to the teaching
and demonstration concept.

Peter