Old November 27th 03, 08:42 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

I have a Garmin 195 that had its screen replaced about one year ago after about
two years use. Departing Sedona yesterday, the screen started to fade. Since
I had three waypoints to get through the mess around Palmdale, the muck was
thick, centers were turning down flight following, and my ship does not have
any antique navigation radios, just a compass, it was not nice. Checked the
connections and did not get better. After a while, it faded to almost
invisable, then returned to readable. The top of the 195 was hot. It lasted
til landing, but damn..

Anyone have any ideas, except to upgrade? Have others experienced this type of
problem? When they replaced the screen lase year, they put in a couple of
additinal components and charged a bunch.

Bruce Patton

I hate to hear that Garmin charged a bunch, but I'd call 'em
and see if it was worth sending back. If not, don't fret.
FWIW - I've got a Garmin 295, but I'm not entirely happy with it.

It's out of my RV-3 as soon as I get around to installing
my iPAQ 2210 with Sentinel Compact Flash GPS and
ANYWHERE MAP software. I've also installed Delorme
Street Atlas USA, Mapopolis Navigator, tons of games,
mp3 songs and other good windoz stuff. Check out....

http://www.anywheremap.com/pages/awm_systems.htm
http://www.delorme.com/software.htm
http://64.208.105.215/home.jsp?s=106...43.72436434797

Barnyard BOb - living 26 miles from downtown Garmin