Old October 17th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 16, 8:13*pm, Sam Spade wrote:

Do you realize what you're saying? *That you like having someone
volunteer their time and talent to make your hobby less expensive?
Would you like me to wash and wax your airplane for you for gratis?

If you offered, and did a good job I'd be a fool not to accept. Do I
expect it?

No, I don't expect anything for gratis, but I won't turn it down. The
developer is giving his time and effort to make a program. I (and
other users) am giving him our time during the trial and error part.
It's a win win situation for all.

Not quite sure why you find the current expense of aviation acceptable
when there are others doing what they can to bring down the expense of
flying and enhancing safety. If I can use ATP to save a couple
hundred dollars in chart expenses per year, you can bet I will do it.

Just because you use "certified" software doesn't mean it's the best
software out there.