Old September 27th 03, 03:10 PM
Richard Brooks

Stolly wrote:
really, how do you go about arranging that, can you do it via the web
or do you have to go there ?

Well, it was all because I missed a copy of The Golden Hour LP entitled
Aeroplanes of World War II which I had lent to someone and never got it
back, you know the score.

Anyway, as the source of the LP was from IWM recordins I telephoned the
Imperial War Museum and a very nice woman told me that they had a service
where you could mention the stuff you wanted and they'd slap half an hours
stuff on a CD for a fiver or an hours stuff for a tenner. Or you could go
there and listen through then select what you want.

I've got some leaflet in a folder somewhere and shall dig it out for you,

Richard.

"Richard Brooks" wrote in
message ...
Stolly wrote:
As far as i know this is authentic.

Does anyone know anymore about this ?

Is it indeed authentic ?

http://www.stolly.org.uk/lanc.wav

Its a 400k wav file.

Dunno but there is an archiving service by the IWM and they'll fill
a CD-R with stuff you ask for, for about a tenner which is very
cheap.

All that wartime recording by in-the-field news gatherers can be
yours for little money!

Richard.