Old August 16th 04, 07:41 PM
Corky Scott

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:12:02 +0000, John wrote:

Corky
Any web address for more info, for the curious!
John

The man's name is Paul Lipps, of Arroyo Grande, CA.

He left his e-mail address in the Contact! magazine article as:

I'm assuming he put his e-mail in the article because he doesn't mind
folks asking him about the prop.

He also states in the article: "I would like to design propellers for
various and sundry aircraft, but in order for me to design a prop for
a plane, I have to be able to form a drag model of the plane for my
equations. The best way to do this is to have one of my props
installed on a plane and then measure the planes performance with it.
So far I have only two props, and the 2-blade is on loan for a race
plane for Reno."

I too am interested in the prop, but I actually have a prop now and
can't afford to be buying new props. In addition, my airplane
(Christavia Mk4) will be using a Ford V-6 using a 2 to 1 reduction
unit and that spins the prop a lot more slowly than direct drive
aircraft engines. Makes the prop design a lot different. In
addition, it won't be going any 200 mph either. ;-)

Corky Scott