Old February 27th 04, 07:56 AM
Tetsuji Rai

"Kirk Stant" wrote in message
om...

Very little chance of actually seeing AGM-65s on the F-15E, since they
can only be carried on the wing pylons, and if the preferred AGM-65G
is carried, only one on each station. Since that takes up two of the
external fuel tank stations, it't not a very good tradeoff compared to
2 JDAMs or WCMDs on the same stations. But it is an approved and
cleared weapon, and might be loaded for a specific target type.

It is possible to carry 6 of the AGM-65A, B, D, or H, 3 on each side
on LAU-88 triple rail launchers on stations 2 and 8 (the wing pylons).
AGM-65Gs are heavier, so only one can be carried on each side on a
LAU-117 single-rail launcher. AGM-65 cannot be loaded on the CFTs.

AGM-130s (and the similar GBU-15) are also only carried on stations 2
and 8; they cannot be loaded on the CFTs. When these weapons are
used, normally an AXQ-14 or ZSW-1 data link pod is carried on the
centerline station (station 5). The DLP is needed to control the
AGM-130 or GBU-15 after launch.

The F-15E is a neat fighter, lots of good systems, excellent radar,
pretty good legs, and a two man crew. Too bad we didn't build a lot
more of them!

Kirk

Thank you!!! I think I have understood it, but I need to confirm.

Reading your message and flying an F15E-229 in a simulator (F15E in Falcon4
) I've found a serious problem with it. To tell the truth I have a cdrom
set of an old F15E flight manual, which contains info on sidewinders,
sparrows, GBU24,10, BLU107, Mk84/82, some CBUs and so on. So I want to ask
additional questions.

Can AIM120s be loaded on stations 2 and 8? and two of them each? If so,
can F15e carry 8 of them at once ?(2 on stations 2,8 each and 2 on bilateral
CFTs each) And when you load 5 smart weapons, no missiles can be loaded,
right?
How many *light* JDAMs (I mean GBU-32,35) can be loaded? and where?
How many GBU-22s can be loaded? and where?
When you load 2 AGM-130s, can any other bombs or sparrows be loaded on CFTs?
I've heard AGM-130 is very heavy and its drag factor is high.

I need details for simulator.....

Thank you in advance!!

-Tetsuji Rai