Old February 1st 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rpl

Default Mythbusters

Harry K wrote:
On Jan 28, 3:50 pm, "Rich S."
wrote:
Looks like the "Airplane on a Conveyor Belt" episode is scheduled for
Wednesday night. In our area (Pacific NW), on Direct TV, it's on at Ten PM..

Rich S.

I caught it. Somewhat of a disappointment and also a big surprise.

They, of course, didn't try to 'build a treadmill that would track the
speed in reverse exactly' but did show, as close as practical, that it
would take off from a treadmill going approx lift-off speed in
reverse. No surprise there.

The surprise was the ultra-light pilot they had do the flying said he
thought the plane would remain stationary. If true, it leads to the
conclusion that that guy needs some remedial training in understanding
flight dynamics.

or a bit more time driving tractors.

rpl