Old November 24th 03, 03:19 PM
John Harlow

Does anyone here use Microsoft Flight Simulator to help them become a
better pilot?

I have been playing with FS2004 lately. I have the yoke and rudder pedals,
and 2 monitors (the one on my left is for my base to final leg and I must
say the realism is incredible. All phases of flying are very, very
realistic to me.

I *highly* recommend checking out the new FS programs if you haven't in
awhile. Have Rod Machado help you through flying lessons. Fly down the
coastline and see the waves lapping against the shore. See and avoid other
traffic. Communicate (well, sorta) with ATC. See what's it's like to fly
in a thunderstorm or heavy snow. Fly with others over the internet. And
try out many, many different types of aircraft. There's more too!

The only downside is having to endure John and Martha King's dry humor!