Old January 4th 04, 06:33 PM
Angus Lepper

Contrary to all the stick it gets, FS9 isn't actually all that bad. Sure,
it's a Microsoft product, but hey, it's fine and ppl enjoy it!

Angus

"Don Parker" wrote in message
Great story!
FS2004 is a huge improvement over the earlier versions for the small
airports! Our field here in Harrison AR KHOR recently extended the south
end of the runway, and the big berm they had to build was still fresh

dirt,
so you can imagine my amazement when I got FS2004, opened up KHOR and the
texture they just happened to use at the south end looked like a large

mound
of freshly turned dirt! Wow, talk about as real as it gets!! Plus the
town, highways, etc., are much closeer to RL, not photo real by any

stretch,
but before it was a generic blob. The addition of FSGenesis really was

the
frosting on the cake for making the landscape look like "home"... You're
right - how they do this for ~$50 is amazing............
Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don